Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
9200179

I studied in the u.s back in 1998 and i graduated as an FAA

Customer Question

Hello i studied in the u.s back in 1998 and i graduated as an FAA certified commercial pilot i was even issued a ssn number to be used for my certificate as my pilot certificate number .
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: Right after completion i went back to my home country and in 2007 till 2010 i flew freighter planes to the u.s military bases in Iraq and afghanistan do i have any chance to become a resident
JA: OK. The Immigration Lawyer will need to help you with this.
Customer: Nope i havent tolk to a lawyer yet .
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: No really i am frequently flying a u. S registered bussiness jet into the states since the co. I am currently flying for has their plane registered in the u.s
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Immigration Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 5 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 14 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

Please give me a few minutes to review your question and I will be right with you with an answer. Sorry for any delay. I may have to do some research and at the same time I read and type fast, but not that fast! Thank you for your patience.

You are asking if you can become a U.S. Lawful Permanent Resident because you are an Afghan that assisted the U.S. government?

I do not know why you are not responding, but you are not charged per question, per response, nor per answer. So after I give you my answer, you can continue to ask me questions without additional charge until you are satisfied. I apologize if it is a site issue that you posted and the post did not go through.

Here is an official link:

https://www.uscis.gov/green-card/green-card-through-job/green-card-through-special-categories-jobs/green-card-afghan-who-assisted-us-government

If you are outside of the U.S., you will need to file an I-360. Here is a link to that:

https://www.uscis.gov/i-360

And to see the actual memorandum that lists the requirements for you to be eligible to get U.S. Lawful Permanent Residency, here it is:

https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/USCIS/Outreach/Interim%20Guidance%20for%20Comment/special-visa-afghan-allies-9-2-10.pdf

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! When we are done, if you would be so kind as to leave a positive rating for my service, I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars if you see them, or the smiley faces if you see them. If you do not see any stars or smiley faces, please at least leave a THANK YOU for me so I can let the administrators know. Your question thread does NOT close, so you can ask additional questions without additional charge even after leaving a positive rating. Thank you for your understanding.

Hello. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!

Thank you for your kindness and respect. Good luck to you.