Sam, Attorney at Law
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.
10707909

B2 VISA & ON THE APPLICATION FORM IT ASKS IF I HAVE

Customer Question

I AM APPLYING FOR A B2 VISA & ON THE APPLICATION FORM IT ASKS IF I HAVE IMMEDIATE RELATIVES LIVING IN USA. MY FATHER'S SONS LIVE THERE HOWEVER WE HAVE DIFFERENT MOTHERS. SHOULD I SAY YES AND LIST THEM AS MY IMMEDIATE RELATIVES?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Sam replied 8 months ago.

Hello

This is Samuel. I will provide you information in this regard. Please give me a few minutes to type my answer. Thanks for your patience.

Expert:  Sam replied 8 months ago.

The term “immediate relative(s)” is used to define certain immigrant relatives of U.S. citizens. Immediate relatives include:

• Spouses of U.S. citizens
  • Children (unmarried and under 21) of U.S. citizens
  • Parents of U.S. citizens (The petitioning citizen must be 21 or older.)

Expert:  Sam replied 8 months ago.

I suggest a step sibling is not considered an immediate relative and you are not then legally obligated to disclose. But if you feel it will help you can mention him.

Expert:  Sam replied 8 months ago.

If the half sibling was helping to bring you to the US, then he would need to disclose the information of course and certain documents are required. But if the half sibling is not going to be involved in your immigration process, I suggest you are not legally obligated to disclose.