Jennifer Marie, Esq.
Jennifer Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney
Experience:  She has worked on all types of U.S. Immigration cases since 2007.
28679807

I would like change my H1B to F1.. I know the process but my

Customer Question

Hi
JA: Hi. What do you want help with?
Customer: I would like change my H1B to F1.. I know the process but my question here is once I apply for Change of status and If I quit the job will that be okay or will it impact my COS application and can I status
legally in US after applying for COS which is 30 days before the term starts in my school
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: that is it... can I stay legally after applying for Change of status and there is still 30 days time to start the college
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Immigration Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Jennifer Marie, Esq. replied 5 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be the immigration attorney helping you today.

If you submit your COS application while you are still in valid H1b status then YES, you can quit your job once you submit the application and are sure USCIS received it. The risk is that if your application for COS is denied, you will then be out of status and must depart immediately.

Good luck to you during this process and I hope this answer has helped you!

If you are not satisfied with my answer or if I did not understand your question correctly, please ask me for clarification and I will be glad to clarify. Your satisfaction is my goal.

Please kindly remember to issue a POSITIVE RATING now before you leave this page by choosing from the ratings. This is very important since it is how I receive credit for my service from what you paid.
This question will NOT close after you rate me even though it says "To Finish..". So after rating me, feel free to ask me any follow up questions at no additional cost .

Any bonus you wish to provide will be very appreciated.

If you have other NEW questions in the future, you can make sure that I answer it for you if you start your new question post with the words "FOR JENNIFER " or write it in the Subject Line.

Hello again.. I see that you were able to view my reply on June 29th but you did not reply with any additional questions or issued a response. Please let me know if there's anything else I can clarify for you to earn your positive rating. That is the only way I receive credit.