How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jen Marie, Esq. Your Own Question
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 4526
Experience:  She has worked on all types of U.S. Immigration cases since 2007.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Jen Marie, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My husband is try get us passport, he was born in a small

Customer Question

My husband is try get us passport , he was born in a small town in texas , when we applied for the passport they stated his birth certificate is not proof of us citizenship because he was born in a nonInstitutional setting ( at home) and that he would need to provide secondary proof i.e school record during childhood. , or parents tax returns , my husband is unable to provide secondary document because his moth die In 1977 when he was 4 and his father is u know , he has no childhood medical records or school from his childhood , We provide birth affiliate from two of his family member but passport office said it was still was denied . My question is how do you obtains passport when you have no secondly document
JA: What is your official status? Do you have any pending applications or petitions with USCIS?
Customer: His a U.S. citizen born in rises in Texas
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Immigration Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Jen Marie, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello this is Jennifer and I will be the immigration attorney helping you today.

Unfortunately there is no way around this. He MUST prove that he was born in the US and the only way for that is with secondary evidence. He needs to find something.. the easiest should be school records. IT was not that long ago, it was the 1970s They should be available.If he attended school then he should be able to find records. He has to look for these in his city of birth. Also just because his mother passed when he was 4 does not mean that he never went to the doctor. He really has to try harder to find something because unfortunately that is the only way. Affidavits are not always enough.

Good luck to you during this process and I hope this answer has helped you!

If you are not satisfied with my answer or if I did not understand your question correctly, please ask me for clarification and I will be glad to clarify. Your satisfaction is my goal.

Please kindly remember to issue a POSITIVE RATING now before you leave this page by choosing from the ratings. This is very important since it is how I receive credit for my service from what you paid.
This question will NOT close after you rate me even though it says "To Finish..". So after rating me, feel free to ask me any follow up questions at no additional cost .

Any bonus you wish to provide will be very appreciated.

If you have other NEW questions in the future, you can make sure that I answer it for you if you start your new question post with the words "FOR JENNIFER " or write it in the Subject Line.

Expert:  Jen Marie, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello again dear. I see that you were able to view my answer the day after I sent it but you did not ask any questions or accept. Is there any other question that I can you with so I can earn your positive rating? Thank you in advance for your consideration.