Judith Ludwic
Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  34 years as practicing immigration attorney, with non-immigrant and immigrant visa experience.
12467490

Is there any possible hope to legally enter the United

Customer Question

Is there any possible hope for someone to legally enter the United States after making a false claim to citizenship?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Judith Ludwic replied 10 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am delighted to answer your questions today. I have 35 years experience as an immigration lawyer.

How did she make that claim?

Do you want an honest answer?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
The claim was made at a port of entry to a customs official while crossing the US/Mexico border, and yes I need an honest answer please.

False claim to US citizenship, especially to gain an immigration benefit (entry into the US is a benefit) is one of the most serious violations of the immigration laws making one inadmissible for life.

It is on the level of having a conviction for homicide or trafficking in drugs, that is how serious it is taken under the laws.

There is no waiver for this charge of inadissibility under section 212(a) (6)(C)(ii) for such claims made after 1996.

Unfortunately, it would be unethical for me to tell you there is any defense to this charge, especially since it was made directly to a US Customs officer.

She will never be given an immigrant or non-immigrant visa unless some immigration reform law is passed which seems more than hopeless now. Congress has resisted immigration reform since 2001.

And despite Executive Action by the President, the Supreme Court last week said he was without authority to provide immigration relief, such action rested solely with the Congress.

I am sure you understand your positive rating is very important to me as we are not on salary and that is how we receive compensation, you choosing a smiley face or 3+ stars
In the future, you may begin your questions with “FOR JUDITH” and I will be your personal immigration expert.

Judith