Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Experience:  Began practicing law in 1992

I was wondering if an unpaid credit card bill would affect

Customer Question

Hello. I was wondering if an unpaid credit card bill would affect the decision on a tps case. I just haven't had the time to do it
JA: What state is this in? And when did the issue begin?
Customer: Began a long time ago I forgot my login credentials so I could never find the time to do it
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: It's in Massachusetts No never have
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Immigration Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Customer: Is this going to be completely confidential?
Category: Immigration Law
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 4 months ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

What is TPS?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Temporary protected status
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I am a citizen of Nepal and that was issued for my country on June 25 2015

No, an unpaid credit card bill shouldn't affect your status or affect your immigration at all. I've known a number of people with a status lower than TPS who were approved with credit issues.

When you finish and issue your Positive Rating I will ask them to hide this from the internet. You asked earlier if it was confidential and it is not but I can ask them to remove it.