Judith Ludwic
Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  34 years as practicing immigration attorney, with non-immigrant and immigrant visa experience.
12467490

I want to marry in Morocco. Had no idea all the paperwork

Customer Question

I want to marry in Morocco. Had no idea all the paperwork involved. I needed to know what kind of police report is it? Can it be from my local police department?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Judith Ludwic replied 10 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am delighted to answer your questions today. I have 35 years experience as an immigration lawyer.

An American police record must be obtained from a police department in the state where you last resided or from the FBI BEFORE coming to Morocco.

To get the police report from the FBI here is the link

https://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/identity-history-summary-checks

You can also use "Channelers" and on the right side of that page is a list of approved channelers who expedite the reports and can get it within a week.

I recommend going with both local and FBI because you don't want to get there and then find out they won't take a local report.

The US Embassy gives a very concise list of documentation you need to take.

http://morocco.usembassy.gov/service/professional-services/marriage-information.html

I am sure you understand your positive rating is very important to me as we are not on salary and that is how we receive compensation, you choosing a smiley face or 3+ stars
In the future, you may begin your questions with “FOR JUDITH” and I will be your personal immigration expert.

Judith