Expert James
Expert James, Immigration Attorney
Experience:  Write FOR JAMES to get my help!

I am on H1B visa, My current employer wants to terminate my

Customer Question

I am on H1B visa , My current employer wants to terminate my employment due to budget. what are the options I have
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Expert James replied 4 months ago.

Hello! Thank you for using Just Answer. I am James, and I will be assisting you. As we work through your questions, think about this as a conversation. We will talk back and forth until I have all the information I need from you, and you will respond until you have all the information you need. Once you've received the information you need, you will thank me by giving me a a positive rating of 3, 4, or 5 stars. This is the only way I get credit for doing my job, so please do not forget this before leaving the site.

ANSWER: Because your background information is very limited, and your question is very general, I will only be able to provide you a general answer in return.

You only have a few options:

1) find another employer before your current employment ends, and have them file an change of employer petition,

2) apply for change of status to another status,

3) apply for adjustment of status if you are eligible for a green card,

4) leave the US.

I hope I have answered your questions. I aim to give you excellent service, even if the outcome is not what you wanted. So I am happy to answer any related follow-up questions you might have, at no additional charge.

And if you want to talk on the phone for 30 minutes, I can send you an offer for that.

Once you have received an answer, please leave a positive rating by choosing on the 3, 4 or 5 stars so I get credit for doing my job.

A BONUS is also appreciated, if you feel I've earned it.

And if you have questions in the future, write FOR JAMES in the question and I will be your personal Expert in this category.

Thank you!

Hi, I’m just checking in to see how things are going and to confirm that you received my answers.

I have not yet received a rating for my customer service. Do you need more help or need me to explain anything else? Please respond so that I know what to do next.

Thank you.