Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
9200179

I have a daughter who is a Mexican citizen she 12 years

Customer Question

I am US Citizen, I have a daughter who is a Mexican citizen she 12 years old.I just became a US citizen 5 years ago, so i was not a US citizen at the time of my daughter birth. I applied for permanent residence for my daughter and then when i went to the interview the officer at the US Consulate in Juarez Mexico said that my daughter qualifies for automatic US Citizenship and that the citizenship will come in the mail?I don't understand/ Will my daughter qualify for US citizenship?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 8 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 14 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

It may be possible. Did the officer have you file an N-600 or N-600K? If they did not, then I am not sure why they told you she would receive it in the mail.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.

I think i wrote the wrong information to you, my daughter got her greencard in the mail 2 months ago, but can she now apply to become a US citizen right away and does not have to wait because I am a US citizen? IF so what form does she fill out for that? My daughter is 12 years.

That makes more sense. Is she in your legal and physical custody in the U.S. at this time?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.

yes

Yes, you can file an N-600 for your daughter and prove that she is under 18, lives in your legal and physical custody, and has Lawful Permanent Residency status. In a few months to process the case, they should issue her a certificate of U.S. Citizenship. Here is a link:

https://www.uscis.gov/n-600

Let me know if you need anything else, but please do not forget to rate me positively. You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars if you see them, or the smiley faces if you see them. If you do not see the stars or smiley faces, please at least leave a THANK YOU for me so I can let the administrators know. Also, we do NOT finish just because it says "Rate to Finish" or something like that. Your question does NOT close and you can continue to ask questions without additional charge on the same question thread even after you leave a positive rating. Thank you for your understanding!

Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 7 months ago.

Hello Walter. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!