Law Educator, Esq., Immigration Law Answer Team
Experience:  Immigration Law Expert
10285032

My husband withdraw s petition bc we were separated. Now

Customer Question

My husband withdraw his petition bc we were separated. Now that we're back together. Are we still allowed to re file the i751?
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No not yet
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: No, we broke up and we got back together thats all
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Immigration Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 5 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Yes, if the petition was withdrawn because you were separated and you are now reconciled, the petition can be refiled and you will have to start over from the beginning and pay fees again when you refile. You will have to prove to them that this reconciliation is not a sham marriage to just obtain status and convince them of that during your interview, because they will ask about the previous filing and withdrawal.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thank you so much!! totally get it.

Thank you for your reply.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page , as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.