Expert James
Expert James, Immigration Attorney
Experience:  Write FOR JAMES to get my help!
23431962

Our company filed I140 petition of our employees as a

Customer Question

HI, our company filed for a I140 petition for one of our employees as a 203(b)(1)(C) Multi-National Executive or Manager . It was filed July 12, 2012, we received the notice of received, with a priority date of July 12, 2012, till this day the application is still pending and decision has been made? Is this normal process?I know this is not normal process, This category has no priority date? I don't know what else to do to see what is going on with this petition?Any suggestions?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Expert James replied 5 months ago.

Hello! Thank you for using Just Answer. I am James, and I will be assisting you. As we work through your questions, think about this as a conversation. We will talk back and forth until I have all the information I need from you, and you will respond until you have all the information you need. Once you've received the information you need, you will thank me by giving me a a positive rating of 3, 4, or 5 stars. This is the only way I get credit for doing my job, so please do not forget this before leaving the site.

Has the employer contact changed?

Has the employer's address changed?

Has anyone attempted to contact the USCIS?

Was an I-485 filed concurrently?

What is the Receipt Notice number?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.

There has been no employer contact or address change. Yes we did contact USCIS 7 or more times and still in process.NO I485 was not filed. The beneficiary is in Canada waiting. The receipt notice number is ***** notice of receipt? Is that what you are asking or the the receipt number? I checked online and this is what it says?

On July 13, 2012, we received your Form I-140, Immigrant Petition for Alien Worker , and sent you the receipt notice that describes how we will process your case. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you do not receive your receipt notice by August 12, 2012, please call Customer Service at 1-***-***-****

OK, when you look at the receipt notice, can you please look at the type of immigrant petition that was filed and tell me what it says? It should be somewhere in the Petition Type box.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.

I-140- Immigrant Petition for Alien worker 203 BIC Multi NTL exec-mgr

OK, thank you. Please allow me some time to prepare an answer for you.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.

ok did you also want the receipt number to check the application ? do you have some sort of special data system to check it with?

No, I don't need it anymore. You've provided me with the information I would have received as well.

Have you spoken with a Level 2 immigration officer?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.

NO, what can they do about?

OK, thank you very much. Kindly remember that I do not get a salary here. Your positive rating is the only way I am rewarded for doing my job. So please do not forget to give me 3 or more stars, or any smiling faces, before leaving the site today. Thank you!

ANSWER: When you go online or you call the main number, you are getting general information. The agent you speak to on the phone is only providing you with the information that is available in the computer system, and you can get that information for yourself in the online status check.

But the level 2 officer is an immigration officer and has much more access to information. You can put in a service request with that officer, which usually gets someone to investigate what is happening within 2 weeks or so.

So the best advice at this point is to either make an InfoPass appointment at the local office, or to put in a Service Request with a Level 2 officer over the phone.

Contact the main phone number. Ask to speak with a Level 2 immigration officer. Ask the Level 2 officer to set up a Service Request and investigate what is going on here.

I hope I have answered your questions. I aim to give you excellent service, even if the outcome is not what you wanted. So I am happy to answer any related follow-up questions you might have, at no additional charge.

And if you want to talk on the phone for 30 minutes, I can send you an offer for that.

Once you have received an answer, please leave a positive rating by choosing on the 3, 4 or 5 stars so I get credit for doing my job.

A BONUS is also appreciated, if you feel I've earned it.

And if you have questions in the future, write FOR JAMES in the question and I will be your personal Expert in this category.

Thank you!

Customer: replied 5 months ago.

I heard that i can pay an extra government fee to USCIS to have an officer intervene to make a decision faster is that possible?

Please do not forget to give me 3 or more stars, or any smiling faces, before leaving the site today. Thank you!

ANSWER: You can file a request for Premium Processing. It costs $1225. It will give a decision in 15 days. However if an RFE is issued, then it will delay the answer. And you do not get your fee back.

Thank you!

Hi, I’m just checking in to see how things are going and to confirm that you received my answers.

I have not yet received a rating for my customer service. Do you need more help or need me to explain anything else? Please respond so that I know what to do next.

Thank you.