Law Educator, Esq., Immigration Law Answer Team
Experience:  Immigration Law Expert
10285032

I am cuban, parolee, 2 and a half Months have passed since i

Customer Question

i am cuban, parolee, 2 and a half Months have passed since i filed my I-765 Form, i received the receipt and a notice that said my case was going to be processed, after that have not received any other notice, i have called twice to the customer service and they made 2 claims that had nothing to do with what i needed, that is the appointment for the biometrics, and information about my case, i received a work offer to start on july 11th, and i would just want some proof that i will be eligible, so i can show to my employer, what else can i do?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 5 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
2 months is not a long processing time for an I-765, it can take 6 months or more for approval depending on how many arrived for processing at the time you submitted it. You can give your prospective employer the proof you have filed for the authorization, but you cannot work until it is approved and you have to wait for the approval letter of the authorization. USCIS will give you notice when they are done processing it as to what other steps are required for approval. Processing and approval are two different things, so if they are telling you that you need to schedule your biometrics then you need to get those things done that they are asking for, as approval will not be given until they have all they say they need.