Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.

I have lost my card and when I went to get my drivers

Customer Question

I have lost my green card and when I went to get my drivers license they said they had no record of me coming over to the United States so therefore I could not renew my license. I have lived here 56 years, have been married for 29 years and have two kids in their 20s and have been told I can't renew my license which is now overdue. What can I do.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 4 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 14 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

Are you currently in the U.S.? In what status?

I do not know why you are not responding, but you are not charged per question, per response, nor per answer. So after I give you my answer, you can continue to ask me questions without additional charge until you are satisfied. I apologize if it is a site issue that you posted and the post did not go through.

To replace your green card, you would need to file an I-90. Here is a link to that:

Also, you can file a G-639 Freedom Of Information Act (FOIA) request and get a complete copy of your immigration file which should include the information that you seek. It is free but may take 2 to 3 months or more to process. Here is a link:

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! When we are done, if you would be so kind as to leave a positive rating for my service, I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars if you see them, or the smiley faces if you see them. If you do not see any stars or smiley faces, please at least leave a THANK YOU for me so I can let the administrators know. Your question thread does NOT close, so you can ask additional questions without additional charge even after leaving a positive rating. Thank you for your understanding.

Hello Richard. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!