Jennifer Marie, Esq.
Jennifer Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney
Experience:  She has worked on all types of U.S. Immigration cases since 2007.
28679807

My expired since 2011 I live in Liberia I was very sick

Customer Question

my green expired since 2011 I live in Liberia I was very sick for few years l travel to Ghana for treatment and presently I am in good health and working in Ghana what can I do to renewed my card and I have a bank account in the states I can't my money from the bank please help if its possible .Thanks in advance
Submitted: 5 months ago via ForeignBorn.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Jennifer Marie, Esq. replied 5 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be the immigration attorney helping you today. Unfortunately this is a very difficult situation. What you can do is go to your nearest US embassy or consulate and try to get a return resident visa.

You can read more information exactly how to do it here. You will have to show proof of your emergency medical condition for the last 5 years and it must account for the entire 5 years. There are no guarantees but this is the best chance that you have. https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/returning-residents.html

ood luck to you during this process and I hope this answer has helped you!

If you are not satisfied with my answer or if I did not understand your question correctly, please ask me for clarification and I will be glad to clarify. Your satisfaction is my goal.

Please kindly remember to issue a POSITIVE RATING now before you leave this page by choosing from the ratings. This is very important since it is how I receive credit for my service from what you paid.
This question will NOT close after you rate me even though it says "To Finish..". So after rating me, feel free to ask me any follow up questions at no additional cost .

Any bonus you wish to provide will be very appreciated.

If you have other NEW questions in the future, you can make sure that I answer it for you if you start your new question post with the words "FOR JENNIFER " or write it in the Subject Line.

-----