Jennifer Marie, Esq.
Jennifer Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney
Experience:  She has worked on all types of U.S. Immigration cases since 2007.
28679807

I had my interview today In houston USCIS .The IO ask me to

Customer Question

i had my interview today In houston USCIS .The IO ask me to swear that am telling the truth ,then she told me this the third time you apply for citizenship ,I said yes .So she continued we will start bt civic and English test first then we will go through your application.I answer all questions and mad the reading and writing very well.
then when she started withe application she asked me who fill the application ,I answer me.she said why you did not mention you used to live at arlington Dallas ,I told her that was at 2009 and when i go backwards 5 years since jan2016 the clock did not take it.
she asked me why your tax return till 2012 still have the address of arlington ,I told her my accountant did not update the address .
finally she said we can not take a decission regarding your N400 unless I need to check up all your 10 trips outside the united states ,I told her but I used the trip log that you send me with the last denial letter ,just i made one short trip (4 weeks ) and here is the itinerary .she said no I need to do that by my self to see any discripency between your application and what we have in the system.She continued ,either we deny your n400,or send you a continuation letter or send you an oath letter and that will take between 120 days .the question what shell I do?what is your advice?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Jennifer Marie, Esq. replied 5 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be the immigration attorney helping you today.

This sounds very good to me. It is very common for the IO to want to review your file and your trips outside the US to make that you qualify. As long as you have the required time inside the US then it should not be an issue. My advice right now is that you give her some time to review your file and wait patiently. If she has no reason to deny you then you will be approved. As long as you got all the questions that you needed in the civic in English test right and you have the physical and continuous presence in the US and you have no crimes that bar you then you should be okay. She will not deny you because of the income tax. You were not lying on your application. It is your accountant that made a mistake. Do not worry about this.

Again, just give it time and hopefully you will get your approval and oath letter in the mail very soon.

ood luck to you during this process and I hope this answer has helped you!

If you are not satisfied with my answer or if I did not understand your question correctly, please ask me for clarification and I will be glad to clarify. Your satisfaction is my goal.

Please kindly remember to issue a POSITIVE RATING now before you leave this page by choosing from the ratings. This is very important since it is how I receive credit for my service from what you paid.
This question will NOT close after you rate me even though it says "To Finish..". So after rating me, feel free to ask me any follow up questions at no additional cost .

Any bonus you wish to provide will be very appreciated.

If you have other NEW questions in the future, you can make sure that I answer it for you if you start your new question post with the words "FOR JENNIFER " or write it in the Subject Line.

-----