Legalease
Legalease, Lawyer
Experience:  15 years exp all aspects of general law
20355756

My girlfriend says new law in 2016 requires her to have

Customer Question

My girlfriend says new law in 2016 requires her to have $1000 BTA to tender to immigration before she leaves Dubai and to have to prove as she enters New York . Is this correct or am I being scammed .
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Legalease replied 5 months ago.

Hello there --

-

Aside from certain filing fees for the immigration forms which have been effective for a very long time, there is no legal requirement that a person have a $1,000 to give to US immigration before leaving to come to the US on a visitor or immigrant visa. If the law is a law written and enforced by the Dubai government, then I am not aware of it but I find it kind of strange that any Dubai law would require her to prove that she gave the Dubai government 1 K before leaving there and then have to prove it to US immigration in NY. My thought here is that you ARE being scammed which is not unusual in these situations. Ask her to send you a copy of the US law that states this or a copy of where she got her information from because your sources, including a US lawyer, are telling you that no such law exists to pay US immigration such money before leaving another country to enter the US.

-

I hope that helps. Please press a positive rating above so that I will be paid for my time. I am paid nothing unless you press the middle star or the fourth or fifth star to the right of the middle star in the rating section above, so I really do appreciate it. THANK YOU VERY MUCH !!

-

MARY

Hello again --

-

Are there any further questions that I can assist you with? If not, can you please press a positive rating in the star section above these chat boxes so that I will be paid for my time helping you on this question? I am paid nothing unless you press the middle star or the fourth or fifth star to the right of the middle star in the ratings section above. Doing so simply acts as the trigger to Just Answer to pay me for my time assisting you (we do not receive an hourly wage and are paid only on positive ratings from customers). After you press a positive rating, a bonus box will appear and while bonuses are not required, they are always appreciated and I receive most of the bonus amount as well. THANK YOU VERY MUCH !!

-

MARY

-

Are there any further questions that I can answer for you on these issues? I am happy to answer any follow up questions or concerns that you may have. If not, can you please press a positive rating above in the star ratings section so that I will be paid for my time assisting you? We do not receive paychecks and are paid only if you press the middle star or the fourth or fifth star to the right of the middle star above in the ratings section. If you leave without pressing a positive rating above, the website keeps your entire payment as profit and pays the expert nothing unless you press the middle star or the fourth star or fifth star to the right of the middle star above. Also, please note that even when you press a positive rating, your question will not close and you can return for another 6 months to ask additional follow up questions for no additional charge.-THANK YOU VERY MUCH !!