Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice in several areas, including immigration
7286322

I am an US citizen and I have a girlfriend from China who is

Customer Question

I am an US citizen and I have a girlfriend from China who is currently in the US with a tourist visa, B2. What are the legal options that we can get married during her stay here on B2 and obtain a marriage certificate? Then she can go back to China and wait for the procedure on a marriage visa.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Judith replied 5 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am delighted to answer your questions today. I have 35 years experience as an immigration lawyer.

When did she enter the US?

Do you and she really want to be separated for the 6-9 months it will take for her to get her immigrant visa?

When she entered as a tourist did she keep her job, keep her residence, car, all other compelling ties which would draw her back?

Her intent at entry was simply to visit and leave?

Judith

Expert:  Judith replied 5 months ago.

Just in case you want to talk about this as we get further into the plan of action, I have given you an offer to talk to me on the phone.

Nothing you need to accept now but I will present you with a couple of options in your situation depending on your answers to my above questions.

Judith

Expert:  Judith replied 5 months ago.

Hello?? I am standing by waiting for your answers to my request for additional information.

Judith