Judith, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  34 years as practicing immigration attorney, with non-immigrant and immigrant visa experience.

I have an immigration related question, Not yet, I have a

Customer Question

JA: Hello. How can we help?
Customer: I have an immigration related question
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: Not yet
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: I have a valid H1B that expires in September 2016. I have heard that for the extention they will need to furnish my W2s of the preceding years. Is that correct?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Immigration Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Judith replied 4 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am delighted to answer your questions today. I have 35 years experience as an immigration lawyer.

No that is not correct.

You will need to provide your pay stubs for the 3 months preceding the filing of your extension.

USCIS rarely and it is not standard procedure to request W2s for preceding years.

I am sure you understand your positive rating is very important to me as we are not on salary and that is how we receive compensation, you choosing a smiley face or 3+ stars
In the future, you may begin your questions with “FOR JUDITH” and I will be your personal immigration expert.