Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.

I have a question regarding a card application with my

Customer Question

JA: Hi. What seems to be the problem?
Customer: i have a question regarding a green card application with my spouse
JA: What is your official status? Do you have any pending applications or petitions with USCIS?
Customer: I'm on a valid F1 status and i do not have any pending application. I'm still planning to send in an application
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: Not yet
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: i wana ask questions
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Immigration Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 4 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 14 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

Sure. Those are my favorite cases to do. So what are you questions?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Good day sir, I am on a valid F1 visa and got married about 3 months ago. I've been looking at the documents/proof for interview and "the lease agreement containing both spouses name" is raising concerns. This is because we both stay in a student apartment which is under my name and the leasing office manager explained that the way their system is setup wont allow them add a secondary person to the lease. What can i do

You don't really have to do anything. It's the weight of the evidence that you provide and the amount of evidence. Will you be living together? What else can you submit to prove that your relationship is real?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I have her on my auto and health insurance as well as phone utility. We will be living together at the same address, however i'll like suggestions on evidences that can provide more weight for justification

Ok. First let me explain that they will not expect much because you won't be able to collect much in the 5 to 7 months that you will be waiting for the interview. This is why they give a 2 year conditional Residency. At the end of the two years, you apply to remove the conditions and provide lots of evidence that you collected over those two years. For now, a few pictures, the things you mentioned, any evidence of trips together (if you haven't taken any, that's fine, but in the future), bills, statements, etc. From this point forward, you should have a folder where you put things every month.

Here is a list of things that I like to give my clients and I know that you may not have all of these things, but the more you have, the better it is.

A letter where you describe, in a very detailed fashion, the circumstances in which you met your spouse, the reasons you married, and the feelings and emotions that you have towards your spouse, and why.
If you have a child or children together, the birth certificate for each child.
Wedding pictures and pictures of other moments when you and your spouse, and other members of your families and friends have been together.
Very detailed letters from people who know you and your spouse and who are witnesses that your marriage was valid, who were at your wedding, or who knew you as a married couple.
Love letters or cards that you received from your spouse while in the relationship.
Letters from people addressed to both you and your spouse, or in which the person who wrote the letter refers to both of you as a couple.
Any types of documents that have both your names on them that show that you bought a car, a house, furniture, or anything else together.
Any rental or lease agreements for your home or apartment with both of your names on it or a letter from the building manager or owner proving that you lived together.
Bank or financial statements that show that you had or have a savings or checking account together.
Any insurance documents that show that you were or still are covered by your spouse's insurance plan, or that your plan covers or covered him or her.
Bills, such as electricity, water, heat, cable TV, phone, or others that show both you and your spouse's names.
Jointly-filed Income tax papers (both your names).
An identification card that shows that shows a common address.
Membership cards for video clubs, grocery stores or similar businesses, that show joint membership.
Any other documents that prove your relationship.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions as I will be happy to respond, but because this case is the type of case that I love to handle, I will now send you a low-cost offer so that I can pass on my personal phone number and email. I cannot discuss pricing on an open forum, but if you accept, you will see I have multiple services available to you from document review to full representation and all at very reasonable prices. You won't be disappointed as these are my favorite cases to do and have been doing them for many years. If you decline, no problem, you can ask additional questions without any additional charge. But PLEASE remember to leave a positive rating for me. You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars if you see them, or the smiley faces if you see them. Also, a bonus is always appreciated if you feel I earned it. And finally, your question does NOT close just because you leave a positive rating. I can still answer additional questions for you without additional charge. Thank you for your understanding.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thank you for the detailed info. I'll start working on as much as i can. And send me to your offer page

I did send the offer. I will send it again. Thank you!

Hello. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!