Jennifer Marie, Esq.
Jennifer Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney
Experience:  She has worked on all types of U.S. Immigration cases since 2007.
28679807

I just finished OPT undergraduate degree this year and will

Customer Question

Hi, I just finished OPT for my undergraduate degree this year and will go back to the same school for graduate program in the coming Fall.
Since my current F1 visa will expire in August this year, I am wondering if I need to apply for a new F1 visa. Also, can I apply for a visa before my current one expires? Or Do I need to wait until my current visa expires before I can apply for a new one?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Jennifer Marie, Esq. replied 5 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be the immigration attorney helping you today. You just need a new I-20 as long as you have D/S on your I-94. Then You only need the actual F1 visa when you will be traveling outside the US in order to get back in. You do not have to wait until it expires. You have go 2-3 months before.

Good luck to you during this process and I hope this answer has helped you!

If you are not satisfied with my answer or if I did not understand your question correctly, please ask me for clarification and I will be glad to clarify. Your satisfaction is my goal.

Please kindly remember to issue a POSITIVE RATING now before you leave this page by choosing from the ratings. This is very important since it is how I receive credit for my service from what you paid.
This question will NOT close after you rate me even though it says "To Finish..". So after rating me, feel free to ask me any follow up questions at no additional cost .

Any bonus you wish to provide will be very appreciated.

If you have other NEW questions in the future, you can make sure that I answer it for you if you start your new question post with the words "FOR JENNIFER " or write it in the Subject Line.