Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
9200179

I Submitted Bank Statements Card Renewal, I Submitted Bank

Customer Question

HI
JA: Hi. What do you want help with?
Customer: I Submitted Bank Statements for my Green Card Renewal
JA: What is your official status? Do you have any pending applications or petitions with USCIS?
Customer: I Submitted Bank statements with USCIS to remove conditions on my Green card
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: But My Bank Account has been closed due to over drwan
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: so they closed the account
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Immigration Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 5 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 14 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

So you submitted your bank statements, but what else did you submit?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I Submitted Bank Statements the account went to over drawn so bank closed the account
They told me to open a new account next week so my question is since I sent the statements already to USCIS is there something I can do
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
we Had Both Savings and Checking Account s they closed the Checking Account but the Savings Account is Still with both of our names

What else did you submit?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Tax Returns Health Insurance

What else? They are looking for things over the last 2 years, like from every 2 or 3 months over the last two years. So what else did you send in?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
can you please answer me here I dont want to do the Phone Call

Those bank statements wouldn't matter if you had LOTS of other evidence. It looks like you don't have much other evidence. What you can do is start collecting the new bank statements and get a letter from the bank that explains why you had to close your other account and open a new one. Then you wait. IF USCIS sends you a Request For Evidence (RFE) and the want more evidence, then you can send them those new bank statements and anything else that you can get together. They generally will not contact the bank to verify that the old account is still active. So don't send them anything unless they ask for it.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! When we are done, if you would be so kind as to leave a positive rating for my service, I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars if you see them, or the smiley faces if you see them. If you do not see any stars or smiley faces, please at least leave a THANK YOU for me so I can let the administrators know. Your question thread does NOT close, so you can ask additional questions without additional charge even after leaving a positive rating. Thank you for your understanding.

Would you like a list of the things that they would be looking for to approve the case?

Here is a list of things that I like to give my clients and I know that you may not have all of these things, but the more you have, the better it is.

A letter where you describe, in a very detailed fashion, the circumstances in which you met your spouse, the reasons you married, and the feelings and emotions that you have towards your spouse, and why.
If you have a child or children together, the birth certificate for each child.
Wedding pictures and pictures of other moments when you and your spouse, and other members of your families and friends have been together.
Very detailed letters from people who know you and your spouse and who are witnesses that your marriage was valid, who were at your wedding, or who knew you as a married couple.
Love letters or cards that you received from your spouse while in the relationship.
Letters from people addressed to both you and your spouse, or in which the person who wrote the letter refers to both of you as a couple.
Any types of documents that have both your names on them that show that you bought a car, a house, furniture, or anything else together.
Any rental or lease agreements for your home or apartment with both of your names on it or a letter from the building manager or owner proving that you lived together.
Bank or financial statements that show that you had or have a savings or checking account together.
Any insurance documents that show that you were or still are covered by your spouse's insurance plan, or that your plan covers or covered him or her.
Bills, such as electricity, water, heat, cable TV, phone, or others that show both you and your spouse's names.
Jointly-filed Income tax papers (both your names).
An identification card that shows that shows a common address.
Membership cards for video clubs, grocery stores or similar businesses, that show joint membership.
Any other documents that prove your relationship.

Please don't forget that positive rating. I only keep mentioning it because if you can believe it, about 30% of people on this site don't leave a positive rating and since I am not given a salary to be here, it's as if I spent my time responding for free. So you can understand, that's like working 40 hours per week, 5 days a week and not being compensated for every Friday and most Thursdays. Talk about unfair! So I hope you leave that positive rating. Your question does NOT close if you forgot to ask something. You aren't charged again if you respond on the same thread. If you don't see the stars by my name, just let me know. Thank you for your understanding.

Hello. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!

Thank you for your kindness and respect. Good luck to you.