Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
9200179

I am currently married to a us citizen n we have both filed

Customer Question

I am currently married to a us citizen n we have both filed forms i-130 and i-485 but now my husband wants to withdraw his i-130 because he wants to go back to his baby mother and start a life with her. He wants a divorce. I have received the letter to go do my fingerprints. Whats the best approach to take because he had made up his mind?
JA: OK. The Immigration Lawyer will need to help you with this.
Customer: Will u be able to help me?
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: That's it
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Immigration Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 5 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 14 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

You mean for you to continue to get a green card, or so that it doesn't hurt you getting a green card some other way in the future?

Have him either not go to the interview and the case will be considered abandoned and there would be no evidence of marriage fraud, or if he insists to withdraw, ask him just to state he wants to withdraw and not why. That way there is also no evidence of marriage fraud. As far as you continuing the process without him, the only way you can do that is if you could prove that he abused you. If you cannot, then you will have to find another way. Here is a link:

https://www.uscis.gov/humanitarian/battered-spouse-children-parents

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! When we are done, if you would be so kind as to leave a positive rating for my service, I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars if you see them, or the smiley faces if you see them. If you do not see any stars or smiley faces, please at least leave a THANK YOU for me so I can let the administrators know. Your question thread does NOT close, so you can ask additional questions without additional charge even after leaving a positive rating. Thank you for your understanding.

Hello Telecia. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!

Thank you for your kindness and respect. Good luck to you.