How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Expert James Your Own Question
Expert James
Expert James, Immigration Attorney
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 11571
Experience:  Write FOR JAMES to get my help!
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Expert James is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I want to bring a male from India to sponsor or work as a

Customer Question

I want to bring a male from India to sponsor or work for me as a caretaker
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Expert James replied 10 months ago.

The only way this is possible on a temporary basis, if is you are a US citizen who resides abroad, who has this caretaker abroad, and who is coming to the US temporarily and needs this person to help.

If you want this person to come to the US permanently, then you have to sponsor him as an employer of a domestic worker, and he has to go through the employment based immigrant visa process. That process is long and requires a showing that there are no US workers who are willing or able to fill that position. The reason this is the case is because the United States is not willing to give permanent jobs to foreigners when there are US workers who needs jobs and can fill them. So you, as the employer, have to go through PERM. Once PERM labor certification is completed, the wait time for an employment based green card for an Indian citizen is approximately 10.5 years. Why? Because currently, the US government is issuing immigrant visas for green cards in this category, for which PERM was filed on or before October 22, 2004.

I hope I have answered your questions. I aim to give you excellent service, even if the outcome is not what you wanted. So I am happy to answer any related follow-up questions you might have, at no additional charge.

And if you want to talk on the phone for 30 minutes, I can send you an offer for that.

Once you have received an answer, please leave a positive rating by choosing on the 3, 4 or 5 stars so I get credit for doing my job.

A BONUS is also appreciated, if you feel I've earned it.

And if you have questions in the future, write FOR JAMES in the question and I will be your personal Expert in this category.

Thank you!

Expert:  Expert James replied 10 months ago.

Hi, I’m just checking in to see how things are going and to confirm that you received my answers.

I have not yet received a rating for my customer service. Do you need more help or need me to explain anything else? Please respond so that I know what to do next.

Thank you.

Related Immigration Law Questions