Expert James
Expert James, Immigration Attorney
Experience:  Write FOR JAMES to get my help!
23431962

I want to bring a male from India to sponsor or work as a

Customer Question

I want to bring a male from India to sponsor or work for me as a caretaker
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Expert James replied 5 months ago.

The only way this is possible on a temporary basis, if is you are a US citizen who resides abroad, who has this caretaker abroad, and who is coming to the US temporarily and needs this person to help.

If you want this person to come to the US permanently, then you have to sponsor him as an employer of a domestic worker, and he has to go through the employment based immigrant visa process. That process is long and requires a showing that there are no US workers who are willing or able to fill that position. The reason this is the case is because the United States is not willing to give permanent jobs to foreigners when there are US workers who needs jobs and can fill them. So you, as the employer, have to go through PERM. Once PERM labor certification is completed, the wait time for an employment based green card for an Indian citizen is approximately 10.5 years. Why? Because currently, the US government is issuing immigrant visas for green cards in this category, for which PERM was filed on or before October 22, 2004.

I hope I have answered your questions. I aim to give you excellent service, even if the outcome is not what you wanted. So I am happy to answer any related follow-up questions you might have, at no additional charge.

And if you want to talk on the phone for 30 minutes, I can send you an offer for that.

Once you have received an answer, please leave a positive rating by choosing on the 3, 4 or 5 stars so I get credit for doing my job.

A BONUS is also appreciated, if you feel I've earned it.

And if you have questions in the future, write FOR JAMES in the question and I will be your personal Expert in this category.

Thank you!

Hi, I’m just checking in to see how things are going and to confirm that you received my answers.

I have not yet received a rating for my customer service. Do you need more help or need me to explain anything else? Please respond so that I know what to do next.

Thank you.