Attorney2
Attorney2, Attorney
Experience:  28 Years In General Practice,
68197583

I talked t yu earlier. I am moving t Florida and I have

Customer Question

for JudithI talked t yu earlier. I am moving t Florida and I have pending I751So if I change adress through AR11 within 10 days of the move, is there still the chance they are nt updating fast enough and I will get an interview scheduled back in Ohio? and I will have to fly? Is there an way at that point to ask the to change the location or t is done deal? I know you can change the date, but I am not sure about the location...
I can't change the adress now because I can't physically check the postal box until August....not a good idea in case I get further instructions in the meanwhile
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Judith replied 5 months ago.

So if I change adress through AR11 within 10 days of the move, is there still the chance they are nt updating fast enough and I will get an interview scheduled back in Ohio?

Yes, this is one small file being attached to your file sitting somewhere. No guarantees.

You may also want to make an InfoPass Appt in Ohio and tell them of the move and have them assist in moving the file.

You also want to call NCSC and have them seek to transfer the file to FL.

You may be required to fly back to Ohio who may or may not then entertain the interview.

Changing horses in midstream is ALWAYS a problem. Nothing goes smoothly for anyone in these situations. You can ask any immigration lawyer about these nightmares.

Judith

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
But this is only in the case there is an interview because otherwise the card is being sent home corrrect?
So if I get an interview notice that says I need to go to the interview in Ohio but I live now in Florida there is the chance that I will show up there and they will not grant me the interview? They will want me to reschedule it in Florida?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Well what would happen if they would not entertain the interview? I just need to know if I should get an attorney as soon as I get in Florida who can make sure we move the file over
Expert:  Judith replied 5 months ago.

Well it also affects them updating the records and the processing contractor looking at the update and mailing the card to the new address.

The envelope with the card in it says "Do not forward".

So you are counting on some mindless little clerk to cross check and verify any address change.

It would be discretionary for the examiner to determine if they will interview you in Ohio or not. their choice. If they woke up and had a fight with their kids in the am, they may be feeling mean and not interview you.

Yes, an attorney is advisable but I have handled these types of cases and they were nightmares for me. I stopped taking them. Too much time has to be put into such a simple matter and clients are not happy paying hourly for all t e time spent on it. Then they got upset with me. For something I have no control over.

It wou

So you a

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
It is a nightmare but I guess not denial, just extra work
I don't know what to do, not to get a job because of this? It is so frustrating
Expert:  Judith replied 5 months ago.

I have to get ready to leave for meetings and will be out until after lunch meeting.

Judith

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Ok so tell me then what are the steps I should take before and after the move to notify uscis?
I know we have talked a lot so I would like a concise plan to follow
Expert:  Attorney2 replied 5 months ago.

Welcome and thank you for using JA. The attorney that was working with you opted out and decided not to continue to assist you. The site asked me if I could help.

Can you tell me the question that you still need answered?