Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
9200179

I have a child that was born in Mexico and I am a USA but my

Customer Question

I have a child that was born in Mexico and I am a USA but my wife applied for a visa for the baby. Is there a way I can request the citizenship for my child or do I have to do a petition for greencard?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 5 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 14 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

What is the date of birth of the child?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.

07/25/2014

And how much physical presence do you have in the U.S.?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.

I live here and my wife and kids come to visit since they have a visa

You should probably file for a Consular Report of Birth Abroad. Here is a link:

https://mx.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/birth/

Or you could apply for the child's U.S. Lawful Permanent Residency and once the child enters the U.S., you can file an N-600 to get a Certificate of U.S. Citizenship.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! When we are done, if you would be so kind as to leave a positive rating for my service, I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars if you see them, or the smiley faces if you see them. If you do not see any stars or smiley faces, please at least leave a THANK YOU for me so I can let the administrators know. Your question thread does NOT close, so you can ask additional questions without additional charge even after leaving a positive rating. Thank you for your understanding.

Hello Alexandria. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!

Thank you for your kindness and respect. Good luck to you!