Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice in several areas, including immigration
7286322

While applying application, it asks 5 years. If a person has

Customer Question

While applying for citizenship application, it asks for addresses for last 5 years. If a person has a Permanent address as one address but has been living at other address (which they haven't changed on their permanent resident card) or have not updated with immigration. Can they just use their permanent address or do the other addresses need to be listed as well?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Judith replied 5 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am delighted to answer your questions today. I have 35 years experience as an immigration lawyer.

What is the address on the driver license and tax returns?

Judith

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hello Judith,
Yes it is the same permanent address on driver license and tax returns as well.
Thank you for your help.
Expert:  Judith replied 5 months ago.

Then the address on your driver license and tax return is the address you would be considered to be domiciled at.

However I would like to understand better what is your permanent address that you have a lease at or pay rent? I don't understand what this "other address" is. A significant other's address where you stay frequently or did you actually move there and get all your mail at this "other address" and have a lease or mortgage there?Judith

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I have lived at other addresses for my job. However, my permanent address stayed the same.
Expert:  Judith replied 5 months ago.

Do you have a lease for "other address"?

You are not helping me with clarity.

Do you ever go to your permanent address and stay there?

I am going to have to opt out if you cannot express yourself.

The need for clarity can affect where you will be eligible for swearing in - which USCIS field office where you will have interview and where you are considered to have the required 3 months residence. That is why you need to clearly express yourself.

I will give you a telephone call option so you can perhaps explain better talking.

Judith