Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice in several areas, including immigration
7286322

I was on a visit visa and had to go to the emergency two

Customer Question

I was on a visit visa and had to go to the emergency two years ago and now I am back to the US , I got a call from the people were I used to live at their place they found a ticket in their house door with my name on it for court date , hospital suing me for the bill , should I go to court since I didn't receive it in hand or sign on receiving that ticket
JA: What is your official status? Do you have any pending applications or petitions with USCIS?
Customer: I am changing my status from visitor to student , it's pending now , I filed my papers on October 2015 , I got denied and then I reconsidered my case and paid $630 and now I am still waiting for the reconsideration reply
JA: Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: No I haven't and today is my court date at 9:30am
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Immigration Lawyer should know?
Customer: I am a mother for 2 AMERICAN KIDS that's all
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Immigration Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  ScottyMacESQ replied 5 months ago.

Thank you for using JustAnswer.

I'm sorry to hear about your situation. How much is the full amount that they're suing you for? Have you actually received a copy of the petition (the filed lawsuit)?