Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice in several areas, including immigration
7286322

I was on a visit visa and had to go to the emergency two

Customer Question

I was on a visit visa and had to go to the emergency two years ago and now I am back to the US , I got a call from the people were I used to live at their place they found a ticket in their house door with my name on it for court date , hospital suing me for the bill , should I go to court since I didn't receive it in hand or sign on receiving that ticket
JA: What is your official status? Do you have any pending applications or petitions with USCIS?
Customer: I am changing my status from visitor to student , it's pending now , I filed my papers on October 2015 , I got denied and then I reconsidered my case and paid $630 and now I am still waiting for the reconsideration reply
JA: Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: No I haven't and today is my court date at 9:30am
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Immigration Lawyer should know?
Customer: I am a mother for 2 AMERICAN KIDS that's all
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Immigration Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  ScottyMacESQ replied 10 months ago.

Thank you for using JustAnswer.

I'm sorry to hear about your situation. How much is the full amount that they're suing you for? Have you actually received a copy of the petition (the filed lawsuit)?