Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice in several areas, including immigration
7286322

My parents has received a letter from NVC regarding

Customer Question

My parents has received a letter from NVC regarding immigration petition from my Uncle but don't want to apply for it anymore. And because they have a tourist too & would like to just stay as tourist visas. Would their tourist visa get affected if they don't apply for that immigrant petition?
JA: What is your official status? Do you have any pending applications or petitions with USCIS?
Customer: I'm an America Citizen
JA: Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: No
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Immigration Lawyer should know?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Immigration Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 5 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 14 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communicatons are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

So you are sure that they no longer want to immigrate? You are a U.S. Citizen over 21?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I'm 21 but they don't want to apply for immigrant petition they would like to stick with their tourist visa.