Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Lawyer
Experience:  18 years of criminal litigation experience.

I have a friend who was arrested gold in Accra 20 Oz what

Customer Question

I have a friend who was arrested for smuggling gold in Accra 20 Oz what are the penalty she could be facing. .
JA: The Immigration Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: No
JA: Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: What would you need
JA: Is there anything else the Immigration Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: She was a student from onega kansas has been over there for 1 month met some family got copy of her father's will when time to leave this happens her name is ***** ***** ferrante
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Immigration Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 4 months ago.

I'm Zoey and I'll be assisting you. I'm reviewing your question now. Are you online at this time?

Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 4 months ago.

Have you met your friend in person, or is she someone you have only communicated with electronically that you met on a dating or social networking site?

The reason I ask this is that this conforms perfectly to the typical Ghana romance scam. You meet a person who claims to be in your country and sweeps you into a whirlwind romance, declaring love at almost warp speed. But before you can meet her she tells you that she has to go to Ghana, there to collect her inheritance from her father, which is a fortune in gold.

But then an emergency happens in Ghana -- the so-called arrest at Customs is one we hear all the time but there are many others just as popular. And all this really is is an excuse to convince you to wire money to Ghana for her so-called bail or her so-called lawyer.

Do not fall for this. If she's a US citizen stranded in Ghana, her lifeline is not you but the US Embassy in Accra, and they will see to it that she gets representation and her rights are protected. All you can do is wire money and more money and more money and more money and more money and more money to a woman who does not really exist for a crime that has never occurred to a so-called agent and/or a so called barrister who are all part of the scam.

If you don't believe me, feel free to upload her so called documents and her photos with your reply. Meanwhile, do not send her any money. Call the US Embassy in Ghana and report this. If she's there and in custody, they'll take care of this.

Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 4 months ago.

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.