Jennifer Marie, Esq.
Jennifer Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney
Experience:  She has worked on all types of U.S. Immigration cases since 2007.
28679807

I am a J1 visa holder as a sped teacher. My sister has a

Customer Question

I am a J1 visa holder as a sped teacher. My sister has a family business, restaurant. Can i work part time in her restaurant.
JA: What is your official status? Do you have any pending applications or petitions with USCIS?
Customer: Nothing else
JA: Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: Just J1 visa
JA: Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: No
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Immigration Lawyer should know?
Customer: Someone reported me to the edu. Department and theaten me
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Immigration Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Jennifer Marie, Esq. replied 5 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be the immigration attorney helping you today.

As a J1 visa holder, unfortunately you cannot work anywhere else but your J1 job. This is considered unauthorized employment and if you are caught your visa sponsor company and will terminate your training program and visa right away.

Good luck to you during this process and I hope this answer has helped you!

If you are not satisfied with my answer or if I did not understand your question correctly, please ask me for clarification and I will be glad to clarify. Your satisfaction is my goal.

Please kindly remember to issue a POSITIVE RATING now before you leave this page by choosing from the ratings. This is very important since it is how I receive credit for my service from what you paid.
This question will NOT close after you rate me even though it says "To Finish..". So after rating me, feel free to ask me any follow up questions at no additional cost .

Any bonus you wish to provide will be very appreciated.

If you have other NEW questions in the future, you can make sure that I answer it for you if you start your new question post with the words "FOR JENNIFER " or write it in the Subject Line.