Jennifer Marie, Esq.
Jennifer Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney
Experience:  She has worked on all types of U.S. Immigration cases since 2007.

Why is it that after Uscis and nvc have approved your

Customer Question

Why is it that after Uscis and nvc have approved your case,then the consulate decide to give u the visa or not,why are they better than homelands security
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Jennifer Marie, Esq. replied 4 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be the immigration attorney helping you .

It is not that the US consulate believes they are better than the Department of Homeland Security. The US consulate is in charge of making sure that the foreigner QUALIFIES for the visa based on past immigration issues, criminal issues, terrorist issues, etc. USCIS and NVC do not look so closely at the individual person. They mostly just process the documents and they leave the details up to the consular officers in the local area. The officers are given a lot of discretion if they do find any issues and it is their job to investigate absolutely any issue no matter how small. It does not mean that you will be denied, there was just some issue that they wanted to look into more carefully.

Good luck to you during this process and I hope this answer has helped you!

If you are not satisfied with my answer or if I did not understand your question correctly, please ask me for clarification and I will be glad to clarify. Your satisfaction is my goal.

Please kindly remember to issue a POSITIVE RATING now before you leave this page by choosing from the ratings. This is very important since it is how I receive credit for my service from what you paid.
This question will NOT close after you rate me even though it says "To Finish..". So after rating me, feel free to ask me any follow up questions at no additional cost .

Any bonus you wish to provide will be very appreciated.

If you have other NEW questions in the future, you can make sure that I answer it for you if you start your new question post with the words "FOR JENNIFER " or write it in the Subject Line.