Jennifer Marie, Esq.
Jennifer Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney
Experience:  She has worked on all types of U.S. Immigration cases since 2007.

Dear Pearl, : not yet. : regarding question from ds-160 that

Customer Question

Dear Pearl,
JA: The Immigration Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: not yet.
JA: Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: regarding question from ds-160 that 'has anyone ever filed an immigrant petition on your behalf?'. I did not petite it but my husband summited I-140 and was approved last year, which will benefit me and our daughter if it gets current status in 2-3 years. I am filing ds-160 for renewing my F1 visa right now. So, what should I answer it? yes or no? Will I be rejected my F1 application if I write yes? Thanks.
JA: What is your official status? Do you have any pending applications or petitions with USCIS?
Customer: my official status is F1 now. I do no have any pending application. But my family is waiting for the current when we can summit 1-485. It will not happen in at least 2 years, I think.
JA: Is there anything else the Immigration Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: no.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Immigration Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Jennifer Marie, Esq. replied 4 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be the immigration attorney helping you today.

You can answer no to this because the immigrant petition is not yours.

You only write yes if someone has submitted a petition directly for you.

Good luck to you during this process and I hope this answer has helped you!

If you are not satisfied with my answer or if I did not understand your question correctly, please ask me for clarification and I will be glad to clarify. Your satisfaction is my goal.

Please kindly remember to issue a POSITIVE RATING now before you leave this page by choosing from the ratings. This is very important since it is how I receive credit for my service from what you paid.
This question will NOT close after you rate me even though it says "To Finish..". So after rating me, feel free to ask me any follow up questions at no additional cost .

Any bonus you wish to provide will be very appreciated.

If you have other NEW questions in the future, you can make sure that I answer it for you if you start your new question post with the words "FOR JENNIFER " or write it in the Subject Line.

Hello again. I noticed that you were able to view my answer to you but you did not ask me any other question. Was my answer helpful? Is there any other follow up question that I can answer for you?

Your satisfaction is my goal. Thanks for your consideration.