Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice in several areas, including immigration

I became a permanente resident in U.S. this year and my

Customer Question

I became a permanente resident in U.S. this year and my daughter want to come to see me since she could not come to my wedding. Her visa was denied because she was not working in that time. Now she is working under a temporary contract to a cinema industrie in Brazil. American consulate in Brazil is very pic to expedite visa for people who does not have a pay check. Is there any how I sponsor her for tourist visa? She does not intend to live in U.S., she only wants to come to spend 2 weeks and then go back to Brazil, so that is not the case a sponsor her as a immigrant to U.S.What is your advise in this case.
Thank you,
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Ely replied 4 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

There is no way to sponsor someone for a tourist visa formally. However, you can write a invitation letter, which speaks to her character and confirms that she can be trusted not to overstay. See HERE for an example This would be very helpful to the US consular agent reviewing her application.

Also, needless to say, she has to show ties to her country such as employment (as she has now), real estate contract (ownership/lease), family, etc.

I hope this helps and clarifies. Please use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Kindly rate my answer as one of TOP THREE FACES/STARS and then SUBMIT, as this is how experts get credit for our time. Rating my answer the bottom two faces/stars (or failing to submit the rating) does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith with a positive rating.

Expert:  Ely replied 4 months ago.
Hello again. This is a courtesy check in to see if you needed anything else in regards ***** ***** question because you never responded or replied positively. I am simply touching base. Let me know. Thanks!