Expert James
Expert James, Immigration Attorney
Experience:  Write FOR JAMES to get my help!
23431962

How does it take to get marriage based card if the spouse is

Customer Question

how long does it take to get marriage based green card if the spouse is green card holder.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Expert James replied 6 months ago.

Hello! Thank you for using Just Answer. I am James, and I will be assisting you. As we work through your questions, think about this as a conversation. We will talk back and forth until I have all the information I need from you, and you will respond until you have all the information you need. Once you've received the information you need, you will thank me by giving me a a positive rating of 3, 4, or 5 stars. This is the only way I get credit for doing my job, so please do not forget this before leaving the site.

What is the nationality of the beneficiary (the person seeking the green card)?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Turkish

OK, thank you very much.

Kindly remember that I do not get a salary here. Your positive rating is the only way I am rewarded for doing my job. So please do not forget to give me 3 or more stars, or any smiling faces, before leaving the site today. Thank you!

ANSWER: Currently, for a citizen of Turkey,it takes about 1 year, 8 months to be eligible to apply for a green card through Adjustment of Status (if in the US) or an immigrant visa (if outside the US).

I hope I have answered your questions. I aim to give you excellent service, even if the outcome is not what you wanted. So I am happy to answer any related follow-up questions you might have, at no additional charge.

And if you want to talk on the phone for 30 minutes, I can send you an offer for that.

Once you have received an answer, please leave a positive rating by choosing on the 3, 4 or 5 stars so I get credit for doing my job.

A BONUS is also appreciated, if you feel I've earned it.

And if you have questions in the future, write FOR JAMES in the question and I will be your personal Expert in this category.

Thank you!

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
ok thanks, ***** ***** any other way to accompany to the family while the process is on going . I mean any visa available like know visa for permanent residents spouse? well the permanent resident is pregnant and the spouse wish to join the delivery . currently the beneficiary is outside us .

ANSWER: Unfortunately, there is no visa for a spouse of a permanent resident. The spouse can join the delivery on a visitor status and then leave, but there is no visa available to come to the US to be with the permanent resident while awaiting green card availability.

Expert:  Expert James replied 5 months ago.

Hi, I’m just checking in to see how things are going and to confirm that you received my answers.

I have not yet received a rating for my customer service. Do you need more help or need me to explain anything else? Please respond so that I know what to do next.

Thank you.