Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Experience:  Began practicing law in 1992
11068102

As a convicted felon in 1989, will I be able to leave the

Customer Question

as a convicted felon in 1989, will I be able to leave the country and return without any problems. Trying to co to Cancun, Mexico for a wedding
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 8 months ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

Yes, if you have served your sentence and have no warrants there is no problem with you going to Mexico and coming back. I have known many clients who had felonies and went to Mexico regularly.

There could be an issue if you decided to move to Mexico, since that is a different requirement but there is no prohibition against a felon visiting Mexico.