Lorens35
Lorens35, Lawyer
Experience:  Over 25 years of legal practice.
17897874

Would i get in trouble if someone shopped me gold bars from

Customer Question

Would i get in trouble if someone shopped me gold bars from anouther country he said his lawyer was doing the paper work on it.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Lorens35 replied 6 months ago.

Good day. I am Loren, licensed attorney and former prosecutor, and I look forward to assisting you. I am sorry to hear of your dilemma. I realize how frustrating this is for you and I hope to provide you information which is accurate and useful, even though it may not be the news you were hoping to get.

This is one of the most common scams going on now. If there were actually gold, no, you would not get in trouble, assuming you were not committing some sort of tax fraud or money laundering.

However, I am pretty certain that this is a scam and you are the victim. If they have not done so already, you will be solicited for document or shipping or legal fees.

In actuality, there is not gold and this story is only to get you to send money. If you do they will keep coming up with more and larger made up fees until you run out of money or realize it is a scam.

Expert:  Lorens35 replied 6 months ago.

I realize this is probably not the answer you were hoping to receive. Also, please remember that this is not a moral judgement on my part. As a professional, however, I am sometimes placed in the position of having to deliver news which is not favorable to a customer's legal position, but accurately reflects their position under the law. I hate it, but it happens and I only ask that you not penalize me with a bad or poor rating for having to deliver less than favorable news.

Expert:  Lorens35 replied 6 months ago.

I am on an airplane right now. Can you wait a couple hours to speak?

Expert:  Lorens35 replied 6 months ago.

Did you have further questions? Have I answered your question?

Expert:  Lorens35 replied 5 months ago.

If you have no further questions, and have not yet done so, please remember to leave a favorable rating (Excellent or Good) so that I am credited by JustAnswer for assisting you. A bonus is not required, but is always appreciated.