Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
9200179

My I-131 is expired and I need to came back to USA in order

Customer Question

Hi, My name is***** and my I-131 is expired and I need to came back to USA in order to renew my Green card. My daughter is helping me. She is USA citizen
JA: What is your official status? Do you have any pending applications or petitions with USCIS?
Customer: I am resident permanent but my Green card will expired on July 29,2016. I need to renew but I am affraid to Immigration not let me re-entry if I came back. Thank you
JA: Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: Not yet
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Immigration Lawyer should know?
Customer: No. I was take care to my ill husband and I was unable to return at time before I-131 expired.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Immigration Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 6 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 14 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

How long have you been outside of the U.S.? When did your Re-Entry Permit expire? Why have you been out of the U.S. so long? When do you plan to come back for good?

Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 5 months ago.

I do not know why you are not responding, but you are not charged per question, per response, nor per answer. So after I give you my answer, you can continue to ask me questions without additional charge until you are satisfied. I apologize if it is a site issue that you posted and the post did not go through.

If there is or was an emergency reason for having to be outside of the U.S. for so long, you would try to apply for an SB-1 Returning Resident visa. Here is a link:

https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/returning-residents.html

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! When we are done, if you would be so kind as to leave a positive rating for my service, I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars if you see them, or the smiley faces if you see them. If you do not see any stars or smiley faces, please at least leave a THANK YOU for me so I can let the administrators know. Your question thread does NOT close, so you can ask additional questions without additional charge even after leaving a positive rating. Thank you for your understanding.

Hello. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!

Hello. I'm just following up with you again to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!