legalgems, Lawyer
Experience:  Just Answer consultant at Self employed

I'm eighty years old my friend is seventy eight we were boy

Customer Question

I'm eighty years old my friend is seventy eight we were boy friend girl friend sixty years ago we have come together over last five years and I would like to go and live with her in Grove city Ohio I've been there a few times . What I want to know is Can I live there with out giving up my Australian citizenship and can I get a permanent residency
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  legalgems replied 4 months ago.

Living out of country does not affect one's citizenship. Becoming a citizen in that country does. Please see:

A green card granting permanent U.S. residency can be obtained in three main ways: marriage to a U.S. resident; starting and funding a business in the U.S.; or by winning the Green Card lottery. The immigration department will need proof of sufficient funds to cover the initial stay in the United States.

information on the lottery here:

information re: immigration information for fiance/spouses here:

Further questions? Please post here to continue the chat.

Satisfied? Kindly rate positively so I receive credit for assisting you.

(no additional charges are incurred).

Information provided is for educational purposes only. Consultation with a personal attorney is always recommended so your particular facts may be considered. Thank you and take care.

Checking in on the above.

Thank you for using JA!