Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice in several areas, including immigration

My wife's dad was in the military when she was born. She was

Customer Question

My wife's dad was in the military when she was born. She was born in the canal zone in 1959. We sent her birth certificate in along with mine and the kids about 3 months ago. The kids and I received our passports in 3 weeks. The passport people have asked for my wife's parents birth certificates. Both parents are no longer with us. We did have her moms birth certificate and sent that in along with her dads discharge papers and death certificates which both have his birth information on them. We are not able to find a birth certificate on her dad. The keep sending us letters insisting on her dads birth certificate. The is only one phone number to contact them. When we call all they tell us is that they received what we sent them and it is being processed and that they are to call my wife and we do not get a call. We have paid for a trip to Cancun in early July. What are we to do?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Expert James replied 4 months ago.

Hello! Thank you for using Just Answer. I am James, and I will be assisting you. As we work through your questions, think about this as a conversation. We will talk back and forth until I have all the information I need from you, and you will respond until you have all the information you need. Once you've received the information you need, you will thank me by giving me a a positive rating of 3, 4, or 5 stars. This is the only way I get credit for doing my job, so please do not forget this before leaving the site.

Please allow me some time to review and consider your question.