Jennifer Marie, Esq.
Jennifer Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney
Experience:  She has worked on all types of U.S. Immigration cases since 2007.

Was on a q1 visa and it expired around march 20 2016 and

Customer Question

was on a q1 visa and it expired around march 20 2016 and have overstayed with 2 months and kindly looking for assistant on how to file I-539 form without any mistakes.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Jennifer Marie, Esq. replied 4 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be the immigration attorney helping you today.

I am very sorry to tell you this but I do not have good news for you. I Hope you can understand that I don't make the laws and I cannot change them. I hope you can appreciate that I am telling you the truth and that you can rate me based on my service and not whether it's good or bad news.

You are not allowed to change your status once you have been out of status for even 1 day. That means that if you submit an I-539 it will be denied. If you stay here in the US for 6 months or longer then you will receive a bar from returning to the US for 3 years. If you stay for 1 year then you will get a bar for 10 years.

Good luck to you during this process and I hope this answer has helped you!

If you are not satisfied with my answer or if I did not understand your question correctly, please ask me for clarification and I will be glad to clarify. Your satisfaction is my goal.

Please kindly remember to issue a POSITIVE RATING now before you leave this page by choosing from the ratings. This is very important since it is how I receive credit for my service from what you paid.
This question will NOT close after you rate me even though it says "To Finish..". So after rating me, feel free to ask me any follow up questions at no additional cost .

Any bonus you wish to provide will be very appreciated.

If you have other NEW questions in the future, you can make sure that I answer it for you if you start your new question post with the words "FOR JENNIFER " or write it in the Subject Line.