Jennifer Marie, Esq.
Jennifer Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney
Experience:  She has worked on all types of U.S. Immigration cases since 2007.

I booked ticket to India through The airways was

Customer Question

I booked ticket to India through The airways was British Airways. I had to travel to India through London. I have a valid Indian passport with a expired US visa. I am carrying my extension papers. But British airways folks did not allow me to board as my US Visa got expired. I have no idea why Britain should be worried about the US visa when my papers for extension are all good. And the british airways said that they cant refund or rebook or transfer my ticket as it was booked through orbitz. And orbitz says the airlines has already received the money. This has created a huge inconvenience for me. And the tickets costed around $1400. I want to sur Orbitz and british airways
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Jennifer Marie, Esq. replied 4 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be the immigration attorney helping you today.

I'm so sorry to hear this happened to you. Please tell me what your exact question is regarding this situation. I do not see a question.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
My question is can i sue orbitz and british airways?

You can sue them and try to get the money back. Keep in mind that it is going to likely cost you more in court fees and attorneys fees than the $1400. The problem is that Orbitz is a third party and they sold you the ticket and the ticket was valid. They did their job. If their ticket was not valid then you would have a more substantial case against them. The other problem is British airways has certain safeguards in place about passengers showing they have authorization to return to the US. However, if you were on your way to India and not the US this should not have been an issue. You may be able to make a case depending on their policy.

I would also suggest that you look into disputing this charge with your credit card because you paid for a ticket and you were available to board and you were not allowed. This means you did not receive the services you were promised. You may win in a dispute and save the court fees and headaches. It is worth a try.

Good luck to you during this process and I hope this answer has helped you!

If you are not satisfied with my answer or if I did not understand your question correctly, please ask me for clarification and I will be glad to clarify. Your satisfaction is my goal.

Please kindly remember to issue a POSITIVE RATING now before you leave this page by choosing from the ratings. This is very important since it is how I receive credit for my service from what you paid.
This question will NOT close after you rate me even though it says "To Finish..". So after rating me, feel free to ask me any follow up questions at no additional cost .

Any bonus you wish to provide will be very appreciated.

If you have other NEW questions in the future, you can make sure that I answer it for you if you start your new question post with the words "FOR JENNIFER " or write it in the Subject Line.