Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice in several areas, including immigration

My niece applied J1 visa at a summer camp from June 15 , and

Customer Question

My niece applied for a J1 visa for working at a summer camp from June 15 , and for a second J1 visa to in tern at a university from August 1. The send her a J1 visa valid from now for the university . Can she use this visa for the summer camp? Thanks
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 4 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 14 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

So she applied for two different J-1 programs but only has an approval for one?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
She the Visa for the second one as they told her she could not apply for two at the same time. But unfortunately they send the one for the second one which she only needs starting August One. The other visa was for starting June 15.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
She received the Visa for the program at the university starting August 1. So she will not be able to apply for the other program. Although they originally told her the will complete both.