CalAttorney2, Attorney
Experience:  Civil litigation attorney for individuals and businesses.

I would like to re an Italian citizen visiting Seattle, WA

Customer Question

I would like to hire an Italian citizen visiting Seattle, WA for the summer on a Tourist Visa. It would only be for 10 weeks of work, but I'm not sure about what the legal steps are. Can you help with this?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 4 months ago.

Dear Customer,

A foreign citizen visiting the U.S. on a visitor visa (usually a B1/B2 visa) is not permitted to work while in the U.S.

If this person is trying to get employment for a period of 10 weeks they can apply for a different visa type (there are several different types:

But the individual should not be working in the US if they only possess a visitor visa, if they are found to be working with this visa it can create problems for them in the future should they try to get future visas (of any type).