Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice in several areas, including immigration
7286322

The father of my children got detained by immigration. As a

Customer Question

The father of my children got detained by immigration. As a boyfriend he was not the best choice. But as a father, he is remarkable. We had been living together this last two years and decided not to marry legally until we fixed our disagreements. I presented myself as not married and such, but socially he would present me as his wife. Now he is detained and I'm faced with the whole dilema and the guilt of having to answer my children one day of what I did to keep their father with them. He has children with me, and a college education. But came in illegally. Can this be enough to keep him near his children without having to marry him. Please advice.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Expert James replied 10 months ago.

Hello! Thank you for using Just Answer. I am James, and I will be assisting you. As we work through your questions, think about this as a conversation. I will ask you questions until I have the information I need, and then I will provide you with an answer. While it might take some time to get through this, we will get through it together.

Please allow me some time to review and consider your question. If I require any additional information, I will ask you for it. Thank you for your patience!

For what reason was he detained by immigration? Did he commit a crime? How long has he been in the US?