Jennifer Marie, Esq.
Jennifer Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney
Experience:  She has worked on all types of U.S. Immigration cases since 2007.

US Citizenship application questions I have 2 questions

Customer Question

US Citizenship application questions
I have 2 questions regarding how to fill the form N400 for Application for Naturalization
1. My wife is homemaker. In part 8 of N400, should she put "homemaker" in the blank for employer name or occupation?
2. We relocated from Texas to California in Jan 2013.
Jan 2: move out from our home in Texas.
Jan 2-5: Stayed in a hotel in Texas
Jan 5-14: Stayed in a hotel in California
Jan 14: moved in to new home in California
In part 5 of N400, how should we fill out the residence history? What should be the end date for our Texas address and what should be the start date for our California?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Jennifer Marie, Esq. replied 4 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'll be the immigration attorney helping you today.

1. Yes, she can just write homemaker or housewife.

2. You don't have to be so specific on the application about dates. You can write 1/2013 end date in Texas and also 1/2013 start date in California. They just want to know more or less.

Good luck to you during this process and I hope this answer has helped you!

If you are not satisfied with my answer or if I did not understand your question correctly, please ask me for clarification and I will be glad to clarify. Your satisfaction is my goal.

Please kindly remember to issue a POSITIVE RATING now before you leave this page by choosing from the ratings. This is very important since it is how I receive credit for my service from what you paid.
This question will NOT close after you rate me even though it says "To Finish..". So after rating me, feel free to ask me any follow up questions at no additional cost .

Any bonus you wish to provide will be very appreciated.

If you have other NEW questions in the future, you can make sure that I answer it for you if you start your new question post with the words "FOR JENNIFER " or write it in the Subject Line.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Should My wife put "homemaker" as employer name or as occupation.
The form requires to put mm/dd/yyyy for dates of residence. is it ok to skip the dates?

Employer name should be "None" and occupation "homemaker"

You can just write 01/02/2013 as end date and 01/14/2013 as start date.

I hope this clarifies and I hope you are able to issue a positive rating. Thank you.