Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
9200179

My i20 got terminated : Not yet : It was terminated on the

Customer Question

My i20 got terminated
JA: The Immigration Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: Not yet
JA: Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: It was terminated on the grounds of enrolling in less than 12 credits. I did enroll in more than 12 units but I was given an FW in a class hence making me out of status. I got an email about 4 days ago from my college saying it was terminated
JA: What state is this in? And when did the issue begin?
Customer: I will go to talk to the advisor in person tomorrow
JA: Is there anything else the Immigration Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: California
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Immigration Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 6 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 14 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

What was the reason that you got the FW?

I do not know why you are not responding, but you are not charged per question, per response, nor per answer. So after I give you my answer, you can continue to ask me questions without additional charge until you are satisfied. I apologize if it is a site issue that you posted and the post did not go through.

You will have 5 months from the date of termination of your status to reinstate your status. You have to prove a reason for the FW that was beyond your control. Here is an official link:

https://www.uscis.gov/ilink/docView/FR/HTML/FR/0-0-0-1/0-0-0-79324/0-0-0-85465/0-0-0-87514/0-0-0-87971.html

Work closely with your Designated School Officer (DSO) to get this done.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! When we are done, if you would be so kind as to leave a positive rating for my service, I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars if you see them, or the smiley faces if you see them. If you do not see any stars or smiley faces, please at least leave a THANK YOU for me so I can let the administrators know. Your question thread does NOT close, so you can ask additional questions without additional charge even after leaving a positive rating. Thank you for your understanding.

Hello. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!

Hello. I'm just following up with you again to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!

Thank you for your kindness and respect. Good luck to you.