Jennifer Marie, Esq.
Jennifer Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney
Experience:  She has worked on all types of U.S. Immigration cases since 2007.

I was sentenced misdemeanor with 180 days suspended and 80

Customer Question

I was sentenced for a misdemeanor with 180 days suspended and 80 hours of community service. I have a G4 Visa and a tourist visa. I will have problems when I want to renew them?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Jennifer Marie, Esq. replied 4 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be the immigration attorney helping you today.

What is the exact crime that you were convited of?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Harassment by computer; penalty. (§ 18.2-152.7:1) in Virginia. Class 1 misdemeanor

The issue will come up when it is time to renew it and you do have to admit to it, but it should not affect you getting the visa. You will need to have certified records of all related court and arrest documents.

Good luck to you during this process and I hope this answer has helped you!

If you are not satisfied with my answer or if I did not understand your question correctly, please ask me for clarification and I will be glad to clarify. Your satisfaction is my goal.

Please kindly remember to issue a POSITIVE RATING now before you leave this page by choosing from the ratings. This is very important since it is how I receive credit for my service from what you paid.
This question will NOT close after you rate me even though it says "To Finish..". So after rating me, feel free to ask me any follow up questions at no additional cost .

Any bonus you wish to provide will be very appreciated.

If you have other NEW questions in the future, you can make sure that I answer it for you if you start your new question post with the words "FOR JENNIFER " or write it in the Subject Line.