Jennifer Marie, Esq.
Jennifer Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney
Experience:  She has worked on all types of U.S. Immigration cases since 2007.
28679807

I am on H1B visa and will be switching to H4 EAD on Jul 15,

Customer Question

I am on H1B visa and will be switching to H4 EAD on Jul 15, 2016. My COS is approved and I have already received my EAD card.Between today (5/30/16) and (7/15/16), what will happen to my COS and H4-EAD, if
1. I leave US and come back BEFORE 7/15 on H1B visa already stamped?
2. I leave US and come back BEFORE 7/15 on H4 visa?
3. I leave US and come back AFTER 7/15 on H4 visa?
4. I lose my job and H1B status?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Jennifer Marie, Esq. replied 6 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be the immigration attorney helping you today. If your change of status does not begin until 7/15 then you are not on H4 status until 7/15.

1. You will still be on H1b status when you reenter.

2. If you go and get your H4 visa, then You will be on H4 status when you enter.

3. You will be on H4 status once you reenter.

4. You are not on H4 until your COS takes effect so you would be out of status.

Good luck to you during this process and I hope this answer has helped you!

If you are not satisfied with my answer or if I did not understand your question correctly, please ask me for clarification and I will be glad to clarify. Your satisfaction is my goal.

Please kindly remember to issue a POSITIVE RATING now before you leave this page by choosing from the ratings. This is very important since it is how I receive credit for my service from what you paid.
This question will NOT close after you rate me even though it says "To Finish..". So after rating me, feel free to ask me any follow up questions at no additional cost .

Any bonus you wish to provide will be very appreciated.

If you have other NEW questions in the future, you can make sure that I answer it for you if you start your new question post with the words "FOR JENNIFER " or write it in the Subject Line.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thanks for your response! Can you please let me know what happens to my COS to H4 and my H4-based EAD approval that starts from 7/15 in the above 4 cases.For the 4th case, if I lose my H1B status after 6/15 (which is less than 30 days of 7/15), can I stay in US and wait until 7/15 for my H4 EAD to kick in?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hi Jennifer, I will appreciate if you can release the question, if you would not like to continue further, so I can get it answered by someone else. Thanks!