Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
9200179

I was traveling to Nassau from Florida layover to Andros

Customer Question

I was traveling to Nassau from Florida for a layover to Andros Island and was pulled from the line to be deported. They gave me no reason. It was my first time in the Bahamas and I have no criminal record. The experience was devastating and I need to speak to a representative.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 6 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 14 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

What country are you from? Did you have a transit visa? If not, what visa did you have to enter the U.S.? What was devastating about the experience? Did you get a 5 year bar or did they allow you to withdraw your request to enter the U.S.?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.

I am a US citizen. I had a visa. I have no crimimal record and had never visited the Bahamas. I was on a three hour layover heading to Andros to pay a tribute to the death of my mother. I was waiting in line and pulled out by a woman that said I was being deported back to Florida. When I asked for what reason, she replied, "It is our country and we have no reason to give you an explanation." I became confused and honestly afraid. I spent hours being harassed and the woman (professing to be the supervisor of Customs but would not tell me her name put me in a holding cell for over two hours where I lay on a metal bench. It was a devastating experience and I still have no answers as to why it occurred. I missed my check in at Andros and was forced to fly back to Florida.

Unfortunately, this is a U.S. immigration law forum. We don't have a forum for the laws of the Bahamas. Are you looking for a way to make a complaint against the officer in question?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.

Yes.

Ok. As I said, this is a U.S. immigration law forum and we don't have a Bahamian immigration law section or experts in that area, but I will try to help. I would contact them directly. Here are the links:

http://www.bahamas.gov.bs/wps/portal/public/!ut/p/b1/04_Sj9CPykssy0xPLMnMz0vMAfGjzOKNDdx9HR1NLHwtzLwsDTwNvf29fSy9jd0NTYAKIoEKDHAARwNC-sP1o_AqMTOFKsBjhZ9Hfm6qfkFuhEGWiaMiAHaiQZ8!/dl4/d5/L2dBISEvZ0FBIS9nQSEh/

http://www.bahamas.gov.bs/wps/portal/public/About%20Us/Contact%20Us/!ut/p/b1/vZDbjqJAFEW_xQ-wqQJBeOR-L5Cr8EJKaUAQFKVF-PrRmU4m6aR7Xqa7zlMle5919iZSYkukHb4dSjwcTh0-Pv8pk1GqY2_EFWuzzIoDOgyQLskupQbUQ5A8BOCTx4M_fqDaPP_bbzz9pmNanEmpcEXExNZIprV01UeZ97Jqj4-5n1drRVB1gVf8JvaQfXD3s-Cv9XJfSGwbSW_11ge27da2PS9LhaqH4JZLUzilAsb4AqaoHqCyso5s39AXuLtM9BUOclHt4ozremU5a363aa6YbRtWeK1idGcEA5f32Bz6IFfkdb9LVZXkNvc40cIMXW_Q5JqxWbzn_SLQP_qKifTLShj6XfBFpUg7ta9E8pCtP9ujuTQREFuwyvx6OutzM3v17Bk2YElfUiwYhLMvdyEK28dxEfJrZIE6vKN6PwdzQtlyO9to6-aRFwq8eBMbFX4EOmTwBIqQMUMa-JvVdwM_JKR_HAi_vVKTpB5Ai7IQK0JAkT8N_P8JDSI97NqXcd--gBeG4ygG0A8OxwAWkkRUJ6u1xOqjpAeZeBo0fOWuyuYgC04vR1ZfGjzsz9YUvpXZ0sVylLQxM5OFlcO6vsWO40xiidOTqUOyKksHd0XIhfJUCfFJESlakbAvpkuQtmPU3qvLKa5AseRCzT62AaQbB3rdSbET9q2NoqmWRvqMs6JnlLjqsn4WzuQ-d87cWFXXQEwrskF-bxrK5AZesN8lMBP6KdtEdVYOonPMdKRVCJPjYkGc2_BmMR6Lir9j84vFLyEh7wM!/dl4/d5/L2dBISEvZ0FBIS9nQSEh/

If for some reason you cannot read it:

Immigration, Department of
Hawkins Hill
P. O. Box N-831
Nassau, N.P., The Bahamas***@******.***
Phone: (242) -(###) ###-####br />322-7530
Fax: (242) -(###) ###-####/p>

Explain to them in depth what happened and that who it was, give details of your trip, the date, time flight information, etc. and state that you want to file a complaint against the officer. I cannot guarantee that anything will happen, but at least you can make them aware.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! When we are done, if you would be so kind as to leave a positive rating for my service, I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars if you see them, or the smiley faces if you see them. If you do not see any stars or smiley faces, please at least leave a THANK YOU for me so I can let the administrators know. Your question thread does NOT close, so you can ask additional questions without additional charge even after leaving a positive rating. Thank you for your understanding.

Hello. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!

Hello. I'm just following up with you again to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!