Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice in several areas, including immigration
7286322

My foriegn national partner is pregnant with my child. I am

Customer Question

My foriegn national partner is pregnant with my child. I am a us citizen born in the usa. After my child is born and citizenship is demonstrated in accord with government requirements, can my baby come to the usa? If the answer to this question is yes, is there a way for my foreign national partner to come to the usa to be with our baby?
My foreign national partner has 2 minor children, not mine, and therefore not us citizens, if she can join me and our baby, can she also bring her 2 children?
If all these things are possible, any estimate as to how long the process may take. The baby is expected to be born overseas in December.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 6 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 14 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

Are you going to marry your partner? How old are her children? How long will you have lived in the U.S. before your child is born?